Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Pantry Bag Meals

I got this idea from a soccer mom friend who got the recipes from her cousin (inlaw?).  Anyway.  She makes these bag meals by putting all the ingredients for 10 meals in a box and putting enough for 1 meal in an inexpensive gift bag.  Then when it comes meal time, you grab a bag and you are ready to go.  After dinner -- you refill the bag with more ingredients.

She has 10  each of 10 meals to make 100 meals  or about 3 months worth of dinners.  LOVE IT!  So simple and so organized!

Print Page

6 comments:

Cindy J. said...

I could not open the recipes for this post. Could you please email them to me?
luvsmnry@aol.com
Thank you.

Katrina said...

When I tried to open the document, it said I needed a password. How can I get these recipes? It sounds great!
Katrina
ckmcniven@yahoo.com

Karen said...

I agree, it's not fair we can't get the recipes.

Karen

fremkay@hotmail.com

AC Relief Society said...

If you click on the top right corner of the recipe box it will make it a full page and you can see it and print it from there

Martin said...

Is it ok to share this with some of the ladies at church.

The Bag-ette said...

My name is Michelle Snow and I have been demonstrating bag meals since 2007. I also have a book titled, "It's in the Bag: A new approach to food storage", that is being released in May of 2010 by Cedar Fort Publishing. Perhaps your relative/friend attended one of my demonstrations. I have a blog that features bag meals and will give readers an inside view of the book's journey, the latest kitchen experiments, preview recipes, and some promotional book giveaways. Please check the blog out and tell your friends. Even if you aren't interested in food storage, the recipes can be used for quick and delicious meals anytime, even for the "kitchen-challenged."

You'll find us at http://www.bagmealtestkitchen.blogspot.com

Thanks and happy eating!
Michelle